Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Somewhat Damaged

The high point of my day: Finally falling asleep at 7:45 in the morning, after waking up at 3am with insomnia and having had about only two hours of sleep.

The low point of my day: Waking up at 3am with insomnia after having absolutely bizarre dreams involving an Audi A8L W12 that only wanted to fire on three cylinders. (Seriously, where the hell does my head come up with this stuff?)

The worst part about the high point of my day was that each and every time I got to the brink of falling asleep, my brain would give me another shot of adrenaline, absolutely certain that it knew there was some reason it had to keep me awake. 7:30am to 7:45am was a roller coaster of 20 to 30 second naps, jolting awake, bringing the heart rate back down, dozing off, and then repeating the process.

My wishlist for tonight?

- Sleep through the whole night.
- No 20 second naps.
- If cars show up in my dreams, let them function as the manufacturer intended.

No comments:

Post a Comment