Saturday, May 5, 2012

I Do Not Want This

Sleep is for chumps.

I find myself wondering if I'll ever get a normal, seven to eight hours of solid, uninterrupted sleep in one night ever again during the remainder of my life. Four and a half hours ago, I went to bed utterly exhausted, feeling like I hadn't slept in a week; now I sit here on the couch, eyes burning, having given up trying to fall asleep again after waking up an hour and a half ago, jealously listening to my girlfriend slumber peacefully in the bed across the room, wondering if I should take yet another melatonin to join the pill I took five hours ago.

Maybe if I actually did stay awake for an entire week, my brain might actually get tired enough to sleep for more than three hours?

Probably not.

No comments:

Post a Comment